Keep these 12 pantry staples on hand and cooking up a delicious weekend feast will be a breeze.
1. Try this smoked sausage with hard cider sauce with .
2. Have smoked salmon on hand for tater tot waffles topped with smoked salmon and caviar.
3. Pine Nuts are an easy way to add flavor and texture to leafy green salads, like this arugula-endive salad with honeyed pine nuts.
4. A packet of polenta is always your friend—especially in this poached egg with sunchokes and comté polenta dish.
5. Baguettes—or any crusty bread—can be repurposed in a divine ham and sausage strata.
6. Few Americans eat pasta for breakfast, but this Greek-inspired recipe with orzo, leeks and bacon aims to make a few converts.
7. Quinoa gets a caesar salad-inspired treatment in this tasty grain bowl—perfect for any time of day, really.
8. Keep pomegranate juice in your cupboard to sweeten the batter for this light and berry-rich pancake.
9. Tahini is so versatile—you can drizzle it on fruit or put it in a smoothie in the morning—"You're going to get a beautiful, creamy beverage that is just outstanding."
10. Keep almond flour in your pantry—and make our almond flour blueberry scones this weekend.
11. Along with your jam, make sure to have marmalade—great on toast, but also in muffins with pumpkin and oats.
12. Sardines are the stealth breakfast superfood of this decade—and they're tasty on toast, to boot.