The U.S. Open Snack Hack You Need to Know About
This culinary oasis in Louis Armstrong Stadium has good food, great wine, and excellent air conditioning.
Heading to the U.S. Open in New York City this year and looking for an exclusive oasis far from the madding crowd? This week American Express unveiled the American Express Centurion Suite, situated on the grounds of the new Louis Armstrong Stadium in Queens. Accessible to American Express Platinum Card and Centurion members, the suite at the U.S. Open is inspired by the company's signature airport Centurion Lounges and Global Lounges—and provides Platinum and Centurion guests welcome respite between matches and refreshments by Cédric Vongerichten, executive chef at The Centurion Lounge at LaGuardia Airport, and a wine list curated by the Centurion Lounge wine director Anthony Giglio.
On the menu (with wine pairings):
- Buffalo chicken empanadas with Maytag blue cheese — pair with Napa Cellars Chardonnay
- Crab and avocado toast — pair with Tre Fratelli Pinot Grigio
- Wagyu tacos — pair with Louis Martini Cabernet Sauvignon
- Truffle macaroni and cheese bites — pair with Napa Cellars Chardonnay
- Beef Sliders — pair with Louis Martini Cabernet Sauvignon
The Centurion Suite at the U.S. Open will be open from noon to 8 p.m. through September 5 (noon to 5 p.m. September 6 to 9); American Express Platinum Card members can bring up to two guests; Centurion members can bring two guests or immediate family.